Small Business Marketing with the Chamber
When it comes to small business marketing strategies, it’s hard to know where to start. Advertising can be costly, time consuming, and ultimately difficult for a small business that may not have a role dedicated to marketing. When marketing plans are executed, small businesses can be discouraged to find that their efforts have had little to no effect.
As a Chamber member, your business can take advantage of exclusive marketing and advertising opportunities; some at little to no cost, included with your membership! Today we are outlining six steps you can take today to move your small business marketing efforts forward.
Small Business Marketing: Complimentary Chamber Services
1. Utilize your business listing on hanoverchamber.com. All members receive a complimentary business listing on the Chamber’s online business directory, and have the ability to include basic contact information, social media links, a 200 character description, hours of operation, keywords and driving description. The Chamber website serves as a first-stop resource for members, Hanover residents and visitors alike, and is a top referral source for services in the Hanover area. Your business listing serves as a free website for your business; take advantage of this opportunity!
Update your business listing by logging on to the Chamber’s member site (contact us today to obtain login credentials!) and selecting the “Company Information” tab. Be sure that all applicable information is updated to provide potential customers and clients with all of the information they may need about your business. Optionally, you can upgrade to an enhanced business listing; receive priority placement in categorical listings, banner ads, quick-link results ad, ad display tracking, enhanced description, unlimited keywords, video, media gallery, 3 additional category listings and more! Upgrade your listing by contacting a Chamber representative.
2. Target your communications with a Chamber member mailing list. With over 600 local businesses and organizations in our database, the Chamber can compile mailing labels aligned with the marketing objectives of your business. Chamber members can obtain an electronic or printed mailing list free of charge, and can dictate a specific list using search criteria including employee count, business category and zip code. Please allow 1-2 business days to process; you may elect to receive the list electronically or hard copy. Alternatively, Chamber staff can print addresses on adhesive mailing labels, ready to be used for your direct mailing. An additional $40 surcharge applies. (Please note, we cannot provide email addresses!)
3. Display your marketing collateral in the Chamber office. All Chamber members are invited to display marketing and advertising pieces free of charge, where it they will be visible to local business people, community members and visitors. Simply drop off your materials in person to the office, and they will be displayed until they run out or become outdated.
There are many more benefits and complimentary marketing opportunities available to you small business as a member of the Hanover Chamber. Apply for membership today, and receive three free advertisements in local newspapers!
Small Business Marketing: Low-Cost Chamber Marketing Opportunities
1. Advertise in Chamber publications, including the Chamber Connection newsletter and the Chamber Insider quarterly update. More than 1,200 business people in the Hanover area receive the Chamber’s monthly 12-page, full-color newsletter, the Chamber Connection. In addition to a hard copy, the newsletter is also sent electronically to subscribers and archived on our website. Advertising in Chamber Connection is a great opportunity for businesses looking to build brand awareness, generate leads, and enhance their company image. Ads include an interactive hyperlink in the digital version.
Don’t have a graphic designer on staff? We are happy to create an ad for your business and provide you with an electronic copy to use in other publications; a tremendous savings for a small business! Ad creation is included in the price of your chosen ad size; view rates, specs, and ad deadlines here.
2. Reach consumers and visitors through the Discover Hanover magazine. Serving as both visitor’s guide and business listing, Discover Hanover is the premier advertising vehicle for your small business! Over 12,000 copies are distributed annually to 100+ locations in York and Adams counties, promoting your business to residents and visitors alike. This magazine is published annually; rates and deadlines are available here, or contact our marketing department for further information. As with the newsletter, receive complimentary design services with the purchase of any ad!
3. Maximize your reach with online opportunities. Take advantage of low-cost advertising space on the Chamber’s website, which has over 120,000 views per month. Banner ad space is affordable and can be targeted to specific pages or posts on the website. Write a guest post for the Chamber blog, or sponsor a post tailored to your industry; the possibilities are endless!
Are you ready to take the next step with small business marketing through the Chamber of Commerce? Download the 2018 Partnership Program for a complete listing of marketing and advertising opportunities. Create the best package to suit your business needs; marketing and promotions packages can be customized at any time, and offer great discounts to fit your marketing budget! Contact the Chamber to get started and see your business soar in 2018!